UK Bars 11 Foreign Far-Right Agitators Ahead of “Unite the Kingdom” March.

UK Bars 11 Foreign Far-Right Agitators Ahead of “Unite the Kingdom” March.

PM Keir Starmer Warns Extremists: “We’re in a Fight for the Soul of This Country”.

 

London:

 

The UK government has blocked 11 foreign far-right extremists from entering the country ahead of the controversial “Unite the Kingdom” march scheduled to take place in London this weekend, in what is expected to be one of the largest policing operations in recent years.

Prime Minister Keir Starmer said the government would act decisively against those attempting to spread hatred, violence, and division on British streets.

Among those denied entry is US-based far-right activist Valentina Gomez, who has previously been criticised for inflammatory rhetoric targeting Muslim communities.

Massive Security Operation Planned in London

Thousands of demonstrators are expected to descend on the capital on Saturday for the “Unite the Kingdom” march, while a separate pro-Palestine protest and counter-demonstration organised by Stand Up to Racism are also scheduled to take place.

The Metropolitan Police are preparing for what officials describe as one of the busiest days for policing in London in years. Authorities are expected to deploy thousands of officers supported by helicopters, drones, mounted police, dog units, armoured vehicles, and live facial recognition technology.

During a visit to the Metropolitan Police’s Command and Control Special Operations Room, Starmer was briefed on the extensive security arrangements aimed at preventing disorder and protecting communities.

Government Issues Strong Warning

In a strongly worded statement, the Prime Minister condemned organisers of the “Unite the Kingdom” march, accusing them of promoting hatred and division.

“We’re in a fight for the soul of this country, and the Unite the Kingdom march this weekend is a stark reminder of exactly what we are up against,” Starmer said.

“Its organisers are peddling hatred and division, plain and simple.”

He warned that anyone seeking to intimidate communities or incite violence would face “the full force of the law.”

The Metropolitan Police confirmed that individuals using hate-inciting chants — including slogans such as “globalise the intifada” — could face arrest.

Emergency Measures and Court Support

The government has provided the Metropolitan Police with an additional £18 million in emergency funding aimed at reassuring and protecting Jewish communities amid heightened tensions.

To deal swiftly with potential unrest, prosecutors will work directly alongside police to accelerate charging decisions. Courts are also expected to operate extended hours to process cases quickly if arrests are made.

Officials said the justice system is being placed on heightened readiness to ensure violent offenders are brought before judges without delay.

PM Calls for Peaceful Protest

Despite the strong security measures, Starmer stressed that the majority of those attending the demonstrations are expected to be law-abiding citizens exercising their democratic right to protest peacefully.

Following a meeting with senior police chiefs on Friday morning, the Prime Minister urged demonstrators to conduct themselves with “decency and respect.”

“We are a country built on decency, fairness and respect, at our best when people from different backgrounds come together in common purpose,” Starmer said.

“That is what we must fight for.”

The demonstrations are expected to place significant pressure on police resources throughout the weekend as tensions remain high across multiple groups participating in the protests.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *